Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sign Up If You Need Weather-Related Help

KXLY TV wants to connect people who need help with snow-related problems to people who can do something about them. KXLY has created a database of people requesting assitance with plowing, shoveling snow off roofs, or other emergency assistance. Volunteers can then contact those people to offer help. Here's a link to register on for that database.

In Spokane County, for non-emergency requests such as medical concerns, medication, food, water and heat you are asked to call 2-1-1.

No comments:

About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.