Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back When I Was A Kid...

At the risk of sounding like an old geezer, I'm going to complain about the price of something now- air. My tire was low so I stopped at a gas station this morning to fill it. The machine there cost 75 cents. Having only 50 cents and no cash, I went to two more stations, hoping to find what apparently no longer exists- free air. I finally had to go to the cash machine, go to a fourth gas station, get change, and ended up paying a dollar (yes, a dollar!) for air. The funny thing is that the machine had a blurb on it that said $1 for 5 minutes of air! Hey, that's a great deal- if you're blowing up a hot air balloon. I want a refund for the 4 minutes and 40 seconds of air that I didn't use while topping off my one tire. Okay, done complaining now. I understand nothing is free anymore but $1 for air seems excessive.

2 comments:

vanillajane said...

Sometimtes if you fill up they'll turn on the air machine for free. At least at Safeway they've done it for me.

SRTC Staff said...

Hmmm... never thought of that. Will have to give it a try.


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.