Thursday, January 22, 2009

Road Kill Piling Up In Outlying Areas

If you drive rural or outlying roads, take it easy, the deer have a death wish lately. Hard winters drive wildlife into the lower areas and onto roadways. I've noticed a ton of roadkill lately. When I was driving in on Trent the other morning, I saw a WSDOT crew picking up dead deer, and even one moose killed near my house. They had a pickup truck full of carcasses. Job security I guess, although that's one job I don't envy.

Anyway, my point is, be observant, especially at night. Animals are just waiting to jump out in front of you.

No comments:


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.