Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ped Plan Available For Review/Comment

We love those guys over at City Cable 5. They asked me if I needed anything publicized, I said yes, and they cranked out this snazzy piece on our Spokane County Pedestrian Plan in no time.



After almost a year of partnering with the Spokane Regional Health District, we've come up with a draft of the Spokane Regional Pedestrian Plan. The goal of the plan is to create a pedestrian system to increase walking for transportation and improve the health of our community, while meeting the needs of pedestrians in our area.

The plan can be reviewed by clicking here. Comments can be submitted by clicking here. You have to have them submitted by Oct. 12 though.

7 comments:

vanillajane said...

WOW! That is pretty Snazzy! What a great plug.

SRTC Staff said...

And the best part is that they will play it repeatedly on channel 5 for 30 days during September/October. No one actually claims to watch Channel 5, but everytime I've interviewed for pieces on it, I have heard from tons of people who say they saw me on TV.

Anonymous said...

Great piece. But snazzy? Are you 65 or what? Who talks like that? Yes, I watch channel 5.

SRTC Staff said...

The bossman won't let me swear on this blog so I have to be creative. Next time I'll say 'check out this bad $#@ piece that Cable 5 put together for us. They're some bad (*&^%$#@!%$^& over there at Channel 5.' Or maybe not, I kind of like my job :)

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like a snazzy way to intro a video!

Rachel said...

Very nice!

vanillajane said...

I love how MR./Ms. ANONYMOUS can talk smack about the old fogies. Young whipper snapper.


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.