Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Could Jobs Bill Mean More Construction For Spokane?

John Speare from the 'Cycling Spokane' blog has been kind enough to let me 'guest blog' on occasion, when I think there is something going on that would interest the average bicyclist or pedestrian. Well, I've been getting a lot of questions about the proposed 'jobs bill' and what it will mean for our area. Will we get transportation money from it? What kind of projects will it fund? Are local projects 'shovel ready' and eligible for these funds? There are a lot of questions floating around but few answers.

So, I thought I'd tackle it on John's blog. Here's a link to the few answers I have.

2 comments:

Larry Ehl said...

Good analysis.

SRTC Staff said...

Thanks Larry. Legislation is NOT my cup of tea so it took me a while to hammer that one out. It's hard to say "I know nothing at this time" but make it sound somewhat educated :)


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.