Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Golf Carts Approved For Street Travel In Hillyard

It's official,  residents in Hillyard soon will have a new way to get around the neighborhood.
The Spokane City Council last night approved a new zone where electric golf carts can drive on streets with speed limits that are 25 mph or slower. Cart drivers must be at least 16 years old, have special insurance for their cart and will have to register with the city and pay an annual $50 fee.

The Spokesman-Review has more.

1 comment:

Charles said...

Great, now we have one more option for people to get to where ever they want to go.

About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.