And with a new Federal transportation bill, MAP-21, and new leaders following the election, the new year could be a whole new world for transportation. Or not. That's the problem, there are still a lot of questions about where we're headed.
So as 2012 comes to a close, Governing's FedWatch explores six questions worth asking including:
- Is the gas tax still untouchable?
- What does new committee leadership mean?
- Is Ray LaHood in or out? (this is my favorite. Been waiting a while to hear about this)
- Can states continue to pick up the slack?
- Could tax reform be troublesome for infrastructure financing?
- Does the White House take a lead on infrastructure?