For 2013, the TBD Board approved projects that will improve about 6.5 miles of streets. Grind and overlay work is planned on:
• Normandie from Garland Avenue to Rockwell Avenue.
• Fifth Avenue from Lincoln Street to Stevens Street.
• Colton Street from Magnesium Road to Jay Avenue.
Chip seal projects will be completed on:
• Sinto/Sharp from Napa to Regal and adjacent blocks.
• Carlisle Avenue from Maple Street to Jefferson and adjacent blocks.
• Chestnut Street from Sunset Blvd. to Second Avenue and adjacent blocks.
Crews also will apply about 350,000 linear feet of crack sealing material in residential areas, and sidewalks and curbing will be repaired and replaced in each of the three City Council Districts.
The TBD Board, consisting of the City’s seven Council Members, approved the projects at a meeting in December. They were recommended by the Citizens Transportation Advisory Board (CTAB) that advises the TBD Board on how to spend the dollars raised by the TBD.
The TBD was created to pay for street maintenance and pedestrian improvements. It is funded through a $20 vehicle license tab fee. The TBD raises about $2.5 million a year. There's more info about the TBD and the projects for this year in this video the City produced: