Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Ending To My Car Wash Story

I just got the word that there's a happy ending to an issue I was having so I can blog about it now. I recently bought a new used car. I call it my first 'adult car' because it's the newest car I've ever had and it's nice and respectable unlike my former beaters.

I never used to get my car washed because I didn't really care how it looked and didn't like blowing $7 on something I could do at home with the hose for free. With the new one though I thought I should keep the grime to a minimum and had a free car wash coupon, so I took it to a local car wash Tuesday night.

I followed the 'pull forward' sign as directed into the tunnel that makes up the car wash. The sign kept saying to go forward so I did. Just as I'm about to pull out the other side, the car wash kicks into gear and hits my car from behind! I started the car, jumped the little bump thing that's supposed to keep you locked in the car wash and drove out. Too late though, there was a dent in my car!

Happy ending though because I just talked to the car wash owner who was very, very nice and made arrangements to have it fixed. For some reason I was expecting to have a fight on my hands, but I guess customer service isn't dead after all. Yay, car wash dude! Thanks for your concern and making it easy to remedy the situation.

No comments:


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.