Monday, April 30, 2012

Bicycling and Hot Tubbing On The Same Trip? I'm Sold!

Okay, I know there have been a lot of new technology developments in the area of bicycling in recent years, but this is my favorite; the Dutchtub. It's a portable outdoor hot tub from the Netherlands that you tow behind your bike. They're wood-fired and have seating for four (that's what they claim anyway). You just have to provide the wood and water, but the add for them claims they're low enough to fit under most downspouts.  So, where we taking this baby?  I envision it on the deck outside my office.  Or next to my tent next time I go camping. Possibly on a picnic in the Dishman Hills.  Or maybe... well, use your creativity.  Anyway, here's the link to check it out, although I can't promise we'll be getting them here anytime soon: http://bikeportland.org/2012/04/23/look-out-portland-here-come-dutchtubs-70757.


No comments:


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.