Friday, April 13, 2012

Where To Begin?

So Eve in our office and I got the job of starting work to craft new mission and vision statements for SRTC. It was suggested that we begin by identifying the recurrent 'themes' that came up at the March 22 SRTC Policy Board retreat. Someone had told me about this website called Wordle. where you can enter a document, or the URL for your blog or website, and the site makes a design for you of the recurring words, with the larger ones being the words used most often. So I dumped in the summary of the retreat and here's what Wordle spit out. Stunning colors huh? Makes me feel kind of inspired. You can click on it to see the design full size.

When I found the random name 'Larry' in the middle of my design I learned that you can go back and take out certain words you don't want to include.

2 comments:

vanillajane said...

When our director told our work group that we would eventually have both a mission and a vision statement, I asked her if we could also have a song. She said we could and I was in charge of composing it. I hope she wasn't kidding... ;)

SRTC Staff said...

Maybe you could put together a dance number to go with that song. I see a chorus line, fireworks, a full orchestra...


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.