Thursday, April 18, 2013

Don't Wait In Line At the DMV, Reserve Your Space In line- Online!

Sign me up for this one! Have I ever mentioned just HOW bad my drivers license photo is? (You're supposed to say, "How bad is it?" here). It's really bad. Because I had my 'angry face' on when the picture was taken. Why? Because I'd just waited THREE HOURS to renew my license. The wait was excessively long due to there only being two people working that day and other customers with some extremely complicated questions or situations.

To avoid these kinds of waits, New York's Department of Motor Vehicles is rolling out a new customer service initiative that will let you reserve a place in line- from home! And it does a bunch of other stuff too but I haven't gotten past that part yet, so here's where you can see what other services the new kinder, gentler NY DMV will offer.

No comments:


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.