|Photo courtesy the City of Spokane blog.|
According to the City of Spokane blog, west Main Avenue between Washington and Pine Streets is getting as makeover that includes:
- Planted entry feature (I don't know what that means either)
- Multi-purpose space in the center of the street that can be used for different purposes during different times.
- Mid-block crossing with curb extensions and planting
- Mid-block planters and benches
- Pay-by-Plate parking system with four kiosks
For more information, check out the Project Overview or the Main Avenue Streetscape Pilot Project page. Work could potentially start during the 2016 construction season.