Thursday, April 29, 2010

'The Man' Caught Up With Me Today

I guess I have as much of the 'I want it now' mentality as anyone. I had to drive instead of riding the bus today so parked at a meter while at the complete streets policy workshop (see below). I was seven minutes late getting to my car after the meter expired and had a ticket. I tend to forget things if I put them off so I headed directly to the Court House to pay my ticket.

When I got there, they told me the ticket wouldn't be in the computer until 5:00 because I had just gotten it today. Therefore I couldn't pay it! What??? It doesn't magically enter itself in the computer? For once I tried to do the right thing and they don't want my money!

So my second attempt to get rid of the ticket was to talk to my (alleged) good buddy Mark Serbousek who is head of the City's Street Department. Good news for you tax-paying citizens but bad news for me; he refused to 'make it go away,' as I phrased it. He did however offer to take my money and pay the ticket tomorrow for me. Nice try Mark.

No comments:


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.