Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Good Use For Your Driveway

So you own a house but no car. Or maybe you prefer to park on the street. Or possibly you use the garage to store your car. What are you going to do with that big, wide open driveway? How about store vaccuums in it? My sister-in-law told me about this pile o'vaccuums at a house in the Valley, so I had to drive by and see it myself. I'm not sure why all those vaccuums are there, but I call it Mt. Vacmore, mostly because it made my niece laugh.

4 comments:

Julie L said...

thanks for sharing this little slice of weirdness from Spokane Valley.

SRTC Staff said...

Well I just want people to know that just because they HAVE a driveway doesn't mean they have to give in to society's constraints and use it to park a car. There are plenty of other options out there. A bike being one. Or a vaccuum. Or lots and lots of vaccuums.

Anonymous said...

what the ??? is all i have to say. i better not show my friend wilma...he has a vacuum fetish and it might just set him over the egde :)

SRTC Staff said...

Or my mother! I swear when I lived at home all I did was vaccuum.


About SRTC

SRTC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Spokane County. Urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people are required to have an MPO. SRTC was formed to address the county's transportation planning needs. It provides coordination in planning between the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and tribes.

SRTC offers services including transportation monitoring, transportation modeling, census information analysis, travel demand forecasting, historical traffic count analysis, geographic information systems, and trip generation rates.